File: Interactive Powerpoint
1. Read and interpret electric meter and water meter
2. Solve for the electric and water consumptions
What electrical appliances do you have at home?
How much do your parents pay for your monthly electric bill?
How would you help lessen your electric consumption?
Move your hand clockwise.
Now, move your hand counter clockwise.
Slide 4: Read and Interpret Electric Meter using interactive models
Slide 5: Sample Problem:
The Matipid family monitors closely their electric consumption. This month, the reading on their dial is 5634, last month it was 5554. How many Kwh was used?
a) What are given?
b) How do you find the answer?
c) What is the answer?
To find the electric consumption:
Present reading minus previous reading
Study the table and compute the Kwh used.
1) Which household consumed the most? the least?
2) Which two household consumed almost the same kwh? What can you say about their bill?
3) As a member of the household, how can you lower your electric bill?
4) Why is it important to use electricity wisely?
How do the dials of the electric meter move?
How do you read the dials of a meter?
How do you find the electric consumption?
Draw a dial to show the readings.
Get the difference of:
1 and 2
3 and 4
4 and 5
Use this dials to get the previous and present reading. Then, solve for the electric consumption.
How is the volume of water consumption computed?
To find the electric consumption: Present reading minus previous reading
The reading is 420 m3.
473 represents liters.
Do not read these numbers
(Exercises are included in the Presentation)