1. Define and identify the numerator and denominator.
2. Understand the concept of equivalent fractions.
3. Understand and define like and unlike fractions.
4. Understand the concept of a common denominator.
5. Add and subtract fractions.
After this session the students should not only be able to identify a fraction and be able to distinguish between whole numbers and fractions. They identify the numerator and denominator. The lesson later looks at equivalent fractions and mixed fractions, following which the students will get a better idea about equivalent and how to spot them. They will also know how to convert a mixed fraction into improper fraction and vice versa. The chapter also sheds light on addition and subtraction having a common denominator. This will help the students add and subtract the fractions better.
Math: Fraction - Smart Boards Interactive Lesson
Watch this video first before downloading - Illustration of Fractions Pptx